The School of Today
St. Joseph - Scollard Hall is a fairly young school with a great history. The St. Joseph Scollard Hall (est. 1985) that you see now was not always that way.
It began in 1985 when North Bay's two Catholic High Schools (Scollard Hall(boys) and St. Joseph/St. Mary's Academy (girls)) merged and became one school. The teachers of today are mostly Catholic men and women, many of whom were former students of the schools.
The Scollard Hall was the Catholic Boy's High School from 1931 to 1985. It offered education to day students and boarding students.
The school was founded and run by the Resurrectionist Priests and Brothers. The Resurrectionists, who came from Kitchener, ON, taught and ran the school.
St. Joseph College
The St. Joseph's College was the Catholic Girls' High School from 1939 to 1985. It also offered education to day students and boarding students. It was founded and run by the Sisters of St. Joseph, who mostly came from Northern Ontario.
The School, originally named St. Joseph's Academy, was renamed in 1945 to St. Mary's Academy where in 1970 it was again renamed to St. Joseph's College.
More About Our School
- Principal's Message
- School Profile
- School Policies
- What's in a Name?
- School Song