St. Joseph-Scollard Hall is a Christ-centered learning community: a community of love for, and service to, God and others. Consistent with our motto, Spiritu Virtute Scientia, our goal is to create an environment that will support the intellectual and spiritual growth of the student, developing leaders who are rooted in Gospel Values and committed to meeting the challenges of building a just society.
A Catholic student is expected to be:
1. A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God's presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living.
2. An effective communicator who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values.
3. A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good.
4. A self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner who develops and demonstrates his/her God-given potential.
5. A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good.
6. A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish, and the wider community.
7. A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice and the sacredness of human life.