School News • March (2016 - 2017)
Come celebrate Shrove Tuesday with a Free Pancake Breakfast in the cafeteria beginning at 8:00 am on Tuesday, January 28th. Staff and students welcome.
Staff and Students enjoy Shrove Tuesday
SJSH staff and student enjoyed the Shrove Tuesday celebration.
St. Joseph’s Day : March 21, 2017
- The entire school community is encouraged to wear purple.
- The entire school community will be asked to join in a morning prayer to St. Joseph.
- Our Construction Technology students will showcase their work in the school foyer during lunch.
- Community College display on Construction Technology in foyer in front of student services.
- St. Joseph display in the S.J.S.H. Library
- Statue of St. Joseph accompanied by Lily’s and royal purple linen is on display in school.
- The entire school community will have the opportunity to purchase a meatless lunch from our cafeteria.
- The entire school community will be treated to a St. Joseph's Cream Puff on each lunch.
- Religion classes are encouraged to discuss St. Joseph and assign Saint Task on this day.
Girls Volleyball going to OFSAA in Barrie
Interested in joining the SJSH Parent Advisory Council (CSAC)?
Interested in joining the SJSH Parent Advisory Council (CSAC)? It’s not too late! Our next meeting is Monday March 20th at 5:00PM. For more information please call (705) 494-8600 ext. 3289.
SJSH will be moving to a common lunch starting Monday March 20th. The schedule for the day is:
Period 1: 8:50-10:10
Period 2: 10:15-11:30
Lunch: 11:30 – 12:20
Period 3: 12:25-1:40
Period 4: 1:45-3:00
Polar Bear Plunge
Staff and students teamed up to raise over $2400 for Special Olympics.
McCarthy Uniform Sale
Parent - Teacher Interviews
Parent teacher interviews for semester 2 will take place on Wednesday March 29th from 3:30PM – 6:30PM in our school gym and cafeteria. Please refer to your EDSBY account for progress in each of your child’s classes. No paper copies of the progress report will be printed.
Message for all Grade 12 students
You are currently making some important decisions about where you will go and what you will be doing next year.
In order to help you with these important decisions, some SJSH alumni have volunteered to help answer your questions by sharing their experiences.
If you have questions about a specific university, college or apprenticeship or a particular field of study, please check your Career Cruising account for an e-mail address to send the information below. An SJSH Alumni will respond to your email to share some of their insights about life after SJSH.
Where you are interested in studying or working next year:
Field of study or apprenticeship:
Questions you would like to ask:
OSSLT: Thursday, March 30
The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) will be administered Thursday, March 30, 2017.
In the unlikely event that transportation is canceled due to inclement weather, a Synnervoice message will be sent home. SJSH will work with EQAO to develop next steps to arrange for students to write the exam at another time.
Good luck to all SJSH students participating this year!
OSAP Q&A Session
OSAP Q&A Session
Financial advisors from Canadore College and Nipissing University will be hosting their annual OSAP presentation during period 2 Tuesday April 25. Potential graduates with a college or university post-secondary plan MUST PRE-REGISTER in Student Services to participate. Registration closes Monday April 24 @ 9 am.