Your Post-Secondary Journey Begins…
By this time next year students will be embarking on the next phase in their life whether academically or the workplace. To better prepare for this transition and the upcoming November registrations students are required to do the following:
- check their email and Career Cruising accounts on a regular basis for updated information. All University and College visits, registration information etc. will be regularly uploaded to Career Cruising and messages will be send via their CC email.
- second week of school begin to work on their Individual Plan and the activities in preparation for their Grade 12 Exit Interview.
- visit the Grade 12 information table in the Student Services office weekly
- talk to their Guidance counselors – work will be done with students over the course of September, October and November to prepare them for registration in November
- update their research on schools and the required prerequisites for their programs of interest
- students and parents/guardians discuss the post-secondary plan, including the financial component, prior to registration.
Universities and colleges are attending SJSH this year at varying times. Dates and times can be found by visiting Student Services, Referring to Grade 12 Student/Parent Guide at bottom of the SJSH homepage and clicking the following link (College & University Visits) . Grade 12 students are permitted to sign up for three sessions during class time and an unlimited number of sessions during their spare . Sign up for sessions well in advance – we may not be able to facilitate last minute attempts to join. Sign up early (even if you are on spare), attend your sessions and become better informed!
It is imperative that the student review prerequisites and finalize their research in advance of the grade 12 exit interviews, which will begin the end of 2nd week of September. The grade 12 table, www.ElectronicInfo.ca , www.OntarioColleges.ca and www2.careercruising.com/default/cplogin/NPSC are all valuable research sources. In addition, a series of IPP Tasks have been developed and posted on Career Cruising to ensure critical reflection takes place.
|Sep 12||9:00 AM||Nipissing Univeristy|
|Sep 13||1:00 PM||Trent University|
|Sep 19||1:00 PM||University of Western|
|Sep 20||1:01 PM||Canadore College|
|Sep 21||2:00 PM||Wilfrid Laurier|
|Sep 29||9:00 AM||Algonquin College|
|Oct 05||6:45 PM||UIP: University Information Program At Widdifield|
|Oct 06||1:00 PM||Carleton University|
|Oct 13||1:00 PM||Humber College|
|Oct 14||9:00 AM||CIP at Candore College|
|Oct 20||9:00 AM||Ryerson University|
|Oct 20||10:39 AM||Georgian College|
|Oct 20||1:00 PM||University of Guelph|
|Oct 26||9:00 AM||Sault College|
|Oct 26||10:15 AM||UOIT|
|Nov 01||10:13 AM||Brock University|
|Nov 02||1:00 PM||McMaster University|
|Nov 03||9:00 AM||University of Ottawa|
|Nov 08||8:00 AM||Laurentian University|
|Nov 16||9:00 AM||LakeHead University|